Thursday, April 1, 2021

Rainbow Card Challenge for April

Hello there crafty friends,
It is April already... spring has sprung and our roses are blooming again!!! 
I love it!!!

We had  5 birthdays in March so I was quite busy making cards for everyone. The first one was for my great-granddaughter who lives in St. Louis, MO. She turned 13 and I thought that was quite a milestone.  Since I don't see her very often, I couldn't get my head around any kind of a card fitting the occasion. I know, I know, I should have been able to just go with something... but I froze!!! So, I went out and bought a card and sent that. Done!!! When my son-in-law found out I bought a card, his words were: "What??? you make cards for those not nearly as important in your life, and you bought a card for your great-granddaughter's 13th birthday???" I couldn't believe that he (being a man) thought that making a card was that important!!! I just always thought it was something I wanted to do but that it didn't necessarily mean that much to people. It was nice, but not really that important!!! 

I now see this differently. It isn't so much what we make, it's that we take the time, the effort and fill the card with love that makes the impression on those we send them to. So my encouragement for all of us in this craft is that we don't make cards to impress people, we make them to love on people!!! The love will come through, and those you love will know you cared enough to spend your time, energy and a part of yourself with them. 

So, aside from all that, here is the card I made for the challenge blog I belong to. The challenge for the month of April is DAFFODIL!! I love yellow, but don't use it very much for a monochromatic card. 

I really enjoyed making this card. I had seen so many cards made with flowers making a frame and the sentiment in the middle. I fell in love with the look. So I gathered my flower stamps, picked the ones I wanted and started stamping around the outside of the card. BUT I decided right away that I wanted the flowers embossed in gold (I thought they would look better)... Well, that was a much harder process. But worth it! I loved the outcome. But I don't think I would do it again. It was way too hard because I didn't have enough flower stamps to just lay them down, I had to stamp them a few at a time, emboss, and then stamp a few more. Quite a process for one little card. I think I'll find an easier way to do that, because I do like the look and want to do it again.
Here is my card:


I used several flowers from different manufacturers
The Misti worked wonderfully to help me place them at the right angles
Embossed in Queen's gold from Ranger
Used Tombow dual brush pens and their blending pen
The sentiment is from a set I bought several years ago
I made my own envelope with yellow paper (I love to make my own envelopes)

I am also entering these challenges:
http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/ Easter/Spring

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/ All About Occasions
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/ Inspired by Words


So there you have it, 
Hope you will join us in this challenge. Yellow is FUN!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! That is exactly it Elena! People love the time and care that goes into a handmade card, and it makes them feel special. I'm impressed that your son in law was able to articulate that too.

    Yellow is one of my favourite colours and I love that you teamed it with gold to make this beautiful card. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your effort at creating your flower frame was definitely worth it. The final card is lovely. I agree. I believe that people can feel the love you put into creating a card when they receive it.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Elena and I completely agree! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment,
I would love to hear from you.

leaves, Leaves, and more LEAVES

Well hello there, Fall is everywhere but here!!! I'm in Phoenix, AZ and we have finally gotten down to mid-80's, but it sure doesn&#...

Labels