Saturday, March 6, 2021

February's Challenge

Hello there,
I am participating in the February Card Chain Challenge. This is so fun!!! Not only do you get to make a card for someone in particular... but you also receive a card from someone... YAY!!! There are so many women participating, and as you know, we are all so different in what we like to make, that it's always a lovely surprise to receive a card from another crafter!!! If you have not participated in this challenge, you must try it!!  You won't be sorry, I promise!!!

So here's what I sent off to my friend, Janis Woolbright. We had been paired up before, and then I signed up to follow her blog, so I know her a little bit. And it was like meeting an old friend!!! What a treat!!!



This is a stamp of long ago from Lily of the Valley stamps in Australia. I have loved their stamps for a long time. They have all kinds of images but these with the little girls are just my favorite. It's like watching my kids play dress-up.

I colored the girls with my pencils. I find that easier than trying to water color all those small details. I also wrote a part of a scripture (Psalm 23) around the oval after I adhered it to the back. As you can see, the front of my card has a real cute cut out so that the girls are adhered to the back of the card and the image shows through. I also used an embossing folder on the front since it is just a white card.

The front still needed something else so I searched around for a large sentiment that would fit. I have a Silhouette Cameo that I use a lot for sentiments and I found this one that really fit. I had just used that "you are loved" on another card and thought it would work perfectly here also. Hunted around for a paper and a cute polka dot paper was just right... I also included in the envelope a little paper clip of a cat. Janis adores cats!!!

So there we are, 
A fun card for a "hope to meet someday crafter"

Elena


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet pair of girls, Elena, & beautifully colored!! Love the front too with the large sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment,
I would love to hear from you.

leaves, Leaves, and more LEAVES

Well hello there, Fall is everywhere but here!!! I'm in Phoenix, AZ and we have finally gotten down to mid-80's, but it sure doesn&#...

Labels