Sunday, August 30, 2020

August Card Chain Challenge

Hello, friends in blog land...

Here it is the first of September. I can't believe it. 
Fall is just around the corner. 
It's been so hot here in Ohio for most of August and, I hate to admit it, I'm looking forward to some cooler weather.
I love summer though, so I know I will miss that warm weather soon enough.

My life has become quite different since my husband died, and as you can imagine, the worst part is being alone 24/7. I have a dog, and that helps a lot, but I am so extremely grateful for my God whose presence is always with me. And for my card making, that keeps my mind in a happy, creative place. It would be so much harder if I didn't have a place to go to where I can relax. Let my mind go to wonderful places and beautiful colors.

So here is the card I sent to my assigned recipient:

      I used Bristol extra white paper and colored with several different colors of blue and teal until it came out to a teal background. I wanted it a little more green than what I got but I did not have a green that worked.  
      Next I used Versafine ink to stamp Poppies Background by Simon Says and then emboss with gold. I love gold embossing on flowers. 
      The die cut leaves are from Simon Says too and I just love them. They are the Eucalyptus leaves. They're so delicate with those lines in them. But I had a heck of a time getting them cut out. Some of my gold turned out to be a two layer thin paper that fell apart with this intricate die. And some just weren't bright enough. I ended up covering them with Versafine and embossing with a clear, kaleidoscope powder. They are much prettier in real life than in the picture.
      The Hello and the thin frame were cut from a gold paper.
      After that I was stumped. It just needed something and I couldn't figure it out.
My daughter came in and after looking at it said, "it needs something deep blue!'
"What?" deep blue??? How does that work with teal??? I was looking through my butterflies at the time and found this dragonfly in a deep blue and a teal inlay!!! Couldn't believe it!!! There it was... PERFECT!!!

I love it when it all comes together like that!!!
If you have not tried this Card Chain Challenge I hope this encourages you to do so. It's really fun sending an actual card to someone you don't know and receiving one from someone else.

I'm also entering this card into this challenge:

Thank you for coming by,


5 comments:

  1. What a stunning card, you are right the dragonfly finishes it off perfectly. So sorry to hear you are now on your own, but I know that this lovely hobby of ours will help keep you company xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Elena. Love the blues and gold. The dragonfly was the perfect embellishment. Glad you find comfort in this hobby. I find blogland/friends offer a lot of comfort and inspiration. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning, Elena. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Blogland is such a warm and friendly place and having a hobby can be a great source of comfort. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card and a stunning colour combination. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beauty, Elena! Just love the teal card with the eucalyptus leaves!! And that blue dragonfly adds the perfect touch! Glad you're healing with the help of crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment,
I would love to hear from you.

leaves, Leaves, and more LEAVES

Well hello there, Fall is everywhere but here!!! I'm in Phoenix, AZ and we have finally gotten down to mid-80's, but it sure doesn&#...

Labels