Monday, June 29, 2020

For My Friend...

Hello again,
I guess I'm on a roll. I have another card that is ready to post, and I'm going to get that done while I have the chance.

The funny thing about this card is that I started out not liking it at all. I had seen a design using that lacy half of a circle and I really liked it so I thought I would give it a try. I bought my Gemini Junior not too long ago and that lace design came with it. So it was a perfect time to make that card.

I'm not sure I have ever made a gray card before. It seemed kind of dreary to me. And I actually like the color gray, but in a card it just wasn't doing it for me!!! I wasn't happy with it until I got all the pieces cut out, colored and laid out on the card front.  At first, the word "Friend" was cut out from holographic paper. Somehow, that just didn't fit, so I cut it in white (to go with the lace) and that was the right thing to do!!!  I liked it YAY!!!

So here's my card:




>  The rainbow background was made a while ago when I was trying different distress ink backgrounds.
>  The lace piece was cut on my Gemini Junior. I cut two and glued them together.
>  The flower is from Altenew Flower Garden. I really like that set because it has several different designs of flowers in different sizes. Perfect!!! I colored it with my watercolors and then added that darker shade of orange with my chromo pencils.
>  The center of the flower is black micro beads. I LOVE that. It is so striking against the orange background. I've done all kinds of flower centers before, but I think I like the micro beads the best!!!
>  The greenery at the bottom is a Tim Holtz die of different ferns. Love that die. Does not have to be used just for winter.
>  And the "Friend" is cut on my Cameo. (I cut it in triplicate and glued together for extra thickness.) Mine is still the original Cameo and I had to update it because it stopped working with my Windows 10. But the update worked great and it's up and running  again!!! Whew!!! I would hate to have to purchase another one right now....

I am entering this card into these challenges:
https://rainbowcardchallenge.blogspot.com/ pastel rainbow
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/  favorite stamp (Altenew flower)
https://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/  photo challenge

So there you have it...
I hope you enjoyed my ramblings and my attempt to make a pretty card for my friend. She's the one I have alphabet challenges with and this one is for "F".

Please leave me a comment. I would love to know you were here,

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Elena! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Card Challenge, and we'll be in touch soon regarding your DT application.

    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fantastic! Thank you for joining in the Rainbow Card Challenge this month! We hope you join us again soon.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, RCC DT
    www.creativetimewithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think gray can work very well on card, not as harsh as back and allows the other colours to shine as with the pretty bloom on your card today. Many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Thanks for rainbowing it up at The rainbow Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great design! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours and the layers and texture like in the heart of your flowers are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Elena. So happy to have you as part of the CCC friendship family, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment,
I would love to hear from you.

leaves, Leaves, and more LEAVES

Well hello there, Fall is everywhere but here!!! I'm in Phoenix, AZ and we have finally gotten down to mid-80's, but it sure doesn&#...

Labels