Saturday, October 5, 2019

Waiter, there's a parakeet in my soup...

Hello YOU... thank you for stopping by.
I love to share my creations with people who love paper crafting and art of any type.

We have been having  absolutely beautiful weather here in Ohio. Summer has lingered way past its normal time and this is the first day of a cool down, and it feels wonderful. We even had a couple days of 90 degree weather this week, so it felt good to get down to the low 70's, But as you know, we will be really missing those warm days once winter sets in and we're freezing for months. Oh well, variety is the spice of life, so I'm not complaining!!!!

I have a card to share with you today. The challenge I participate in with my friend is a W this time and I chose to do WINGS. I have a stamp from Poppy Stamps that I had not had a chance to use yet. It's the cups with a small bird on top. I love it, it's so cute!!! When I saw the challenge on the https://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/ (cozy cottage) I knew that was the right stamp for that challenge too.  It also matched the https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/







I used Bristol 100 lb. watercolor paper and colored the whole image with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils. I always use watercolor paper for my images because I'm never sure what kind of medium I might end up using on the images. I tend to add some different types of colorants if the image just seems to need a little help. Watercolor paper holds up better and doesn't pill, warp or get distorted as I work.

When I got the cups and the bird done, the card just didn't feel finished. I am not good with CAS. I always want to add more and sort of "fill in the blanks"!!! So I let everything sit on my desk for a couple of days. I'd stop in and look at the project, but nothing clicked... So, I went through all the images I have on my computer (I copy images of designs that I like onto my computer and look through them when I get stuck on a project). This stamp of the buttercups popped up. It's also from Poppy Stamps. It just felt right.

I had to fussy cut the image because I wanted to cover the pitcher in that blue stripe paper. I loved the pitcher in the challenge picture. That was my favorite part!!! The flowers were really fussy to cut. I wanted the cups to be seen through the flowers. I was really happy with the results.

The word CHERISH is on the back of the card. That's also where I sign my name.
The picture of the little kid is on the envelope. I love  to add small images on the outside of the envelopes. It's fun to receive an envelope with a fun preview.

So I think that's about it for this post.
I love to read your blogs and learn from your tutorials.
This is an awesome community!!!

I am entering these challenges:
https://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/  "Cozy Cottage" Blue & Yellow dishes, curtains, and a striped blue pitcher. I love the pitcher and used a blue striped paper to cover my pitcher.

https://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/  "Feminine Anything Goes" My cups, bird and flowers are certainly a feminine feel on this card. I love this color combination of blue & yellow.

Blessings,

Elena

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful design! The buttercups are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely coloring on your pretty image! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment,
I would love to hear from you.

leaves, Leaves, and more LEAVES

Well hello there, Fall is everywhere but here!!! I'm in Phoenix, AZ and we have finally gotten down to mid-80's, but it sure doesn&#...

Labels